Terms of service
1. Introduction to our services
Each user of the MYLOPY platform is required to agree on all mentioned terms and conditions at the time a profile user is created.
In case of modification of the present general terms, users of our services will be sent an email on the email address they provided at the time of registration to inform them about the changes.
- “Lopy” refers to every user of the MYLOPY platform, registered on the website and uploading an activity dedicated to visitors.
- “Visitor” refers to every user of the MYLOPY platform, registered on the website and using the service for them to connect with local people, the Lopys.
- “Activity” refers to every present experience uploaded by a Lopy on the MYLOPY platform, dedicated to foreign visitors.
- “Booking” refers to a right granted by the Lopy to the visitor in order to conduct together an activity proposed on the MYLOPY website.
- “Content” refers to every text, imagery, video, music, published by users of the MYLOPY platform.
- “Website” refers to the MYLOPY web-platform.
- “Communication” refers to every exchange between a visitor and a Lopy via the MYLOPY platform’s internal messaging system.
3. Services usage rules
MYLOPY website www.mylopy.com, is an online platform that serves the purpose of connecting visitors and local people, called the Lopys. By registering on the website, the latters can plan and upload activities via MYLOPY platform.
Visitors can view Lopys’ profiles and activities. By registering on the website, visitors can book any Lopy’s activity.
MYLOPY platforms only serves as an intermediary between visitors and Lopys. Lopys are in no way bound to MYLOPY by an employment contract. Every submitted activity is controlled and approved by MYLOPY before being uploaded on the website. MYLOPY has no control over the behavior of Lopys, visitors, and users of the website. Lopys and visitors must get acquainted with the regulations of the visited city. Therefore, MYLOPY cannot be held responsible if a Lopy or a visitor happened to violate the law or regulations of the visited places.
4. Creation of a user account
When registering on the website - as a visitor or as a Lopy - every new user is requested to provide personal information to a certain extent. Name, surname, birthdate, phone number and email address are mandatory to be able to register on the website. These information are necessary to establish good communication between Lopys and visitors when booking and to ensure an activity’s smooth conduct. MYLOPY cannot be held responsible for potential wrong or fraudulent information. The user must be over 18, or must be of legal age in their home country, to register on the website.
5. Booking an activity
- When a Lopy plans an activity, they must indicate exactly (city and place) where the activity takes place. They also must specify their availabilities by updating their planning.
- The Lopy is free to set the price of their activity.
- All information about a Lopy’s activity (description, meeting point, fees, inclusion, exclusion, etc.) is systematically verified by MYLOPY’s staff before publishing. Only MYLOPY reserves the right to confirm or decline the activity of a Lopy.
- When choosing an activity, the visitor gets two options: instant booking or booking request.
- In the case of an instant booking, available time slots and dates must be defined. The Lopy should then commit to make themselves available. If a visitor selects an instant booking, the Lopy makes themselves available. The visitor must pay by credit card or Paypal the instant booking activity. Once the payment is accepted, both the Lopy and the visitor receive a confirmation email. This email certifies the agreement between the Lopy and the visitor.
- In the case of a booking request, the Lopy must approve or not the request according to their availabilities. He can freely approve or decline the activity. The visitor must pay by credit card or Paypal the request booking activity. In the case of a refusal, the visitor is notified by email and refunded. In the case of a confirmation, once the payment is accepted, both the Lopy and the visitor receive a confirmation email. This email certifies the agreement between the Lopy and the visitor.
- The confirmation email summarizes all the information about the activity; the date, the time, the meeting point, the price and the number of attendees of the visit.
- After a Lopy confirms a booking, and as soon as the confirmation email is sent, the booking is considered irrevocably completed. All cancellation following the confirmation email reception shall be subject to our cancellation policies defined by the general terms and conditions.
- After the booking confirmation, the visitor and the Lopy may freely select the meeting point by using the MYLOPY’s internal messaging system.
- The number of attendee per activity is freely defined by the Lopy. If a visitor is not satisfied of the activity because of the number of attendees, MYLOPY cannot be held responsible since the number was clearly specified by the Lopy on the website.
6. Management fees and commission
For every payment made on www.mylopy.com, MYLOPY charges a 15% management fee. MYLOPY deducts the management fee before disbursing the Lopy their payment.
In the case of a cancellation of a visitor, a 15% commission is also charged on the cancelled booking. The Lopy then receives the amount of the cancellation fees with a deduction of the 15% management fee.
The VAT of the visited place is included in the service fee charged by MYLOPY. The final amount paid by the visitor equates to the price requested by the Lopy (service fee and it’s associated VAT are included).
7. Lopy’s payment
Once the activity is completed, the visitor must report any incident or breach of the general terms and conditions of the Lopy to MYLOPY within two days. If the visitor does not send a report, MYLOPY automatically assumes that the activity has run smoothly and processes payment to the Lopy. The visitor cannot dissent beyond the two days specified period.
When a Lopy creates a user account, they must give MYLOPY their bank account details or Paypal details to receive future payments. Methods of payment are limited to the ones mentioned previously; cheques and cash payment are prohibited.
The due payment by MYLOPY to the Lopy is completed within one week (7 business days) after MYLOPY has ensured that the activity had run smoothly, namely two days after the activity.
MYLOPY cannot be held responsible by the Lopy in case of a payment incident, such as a cancelled credit card or a fraudulent payment. If the amount paid by a visitor must be refunded, the Lopy must undertake to return any required amount to MYLOPY that would be subject to such a payment incident.
8. Lopy’s duties
Within the framework of their activity, a Lopy must commit to:
- Not provide false information about their identity
- Be reachable by phone under the telephone number indicated when creating a user profile
- Arrive on time at the meeting point (it is advisable to be 15 minutes ahead of time). If the Lopy is late, they ought to notify the visitor(s) about it and respect the estimated length of the activity as mentioned on the website.
- Wait for the visitor on the meeting point for at least 15 minutes in case the visitor is late. After this deadline, the Lopy is not required to wait longer. The Lopy must however notify MYLOPY by email (at firstname.lastname@example.org) that the visitor did not show up at the meeting point to conduct the activity.
9. Visitor’s duties
Within the framework of their activity, a visitor must commit to:
- Arrive on time at the meeting point (it is advisable to be 15 minutes ahead of time); beyond 15 minutes of lateness, the Lopy is not required to wait longer and to carry out their activity. In that case, the visitor is not refunded.
- Stick out to the number of attendees who take part in the activity. If the number of attendees is not respected on the day of the activity, the Lopy is not required to conduct the activity and to refund the visitors. If the visitor wishes to diminish the number of attendees who take part in the activity, they cannot ask for a refund from MYLOPY or the Lopy as it is not a valid condition for refund.
10. Cancellation policy
a. Visitor’s cancellation
Before reception of the definitive confirmation email, namely in case of a booking request, the visitor is fully refunded in case of a cancellation.
The Lopy is provided with three different cancellation policies once the booking is definitely confirmed: flexible, moderate and strict.
- Flexible: the cancellation, without charge, must be done at least 24 hours prior to the beginning of the activity - if the exact time is not specified, then the cancellation has to be done before noon, the day before. In that case, the Lopy does not receive any payment. If the cancellation is made within the last 24 hours, or if visitors show up late of 15 minutes or decide to finish the activity earlier than planned, the full amount of the activity is not refunded. In that case, the Lopy receives full payment of their activity.
- Moderate: the cancellation, without charge, must be done at least 4 days prior to the beginning of the activity. In that case, the Lopy does not receive any payment If the visitor cancels the booking between 4 days and 24 hours prior to the beginning of the activity, then the activity payment is refunded at a rate of 50%. In that case, the Lopy receives half of the payment of their activity. If the cancellation is made within the last 24 hours, or if visitors show up late of 15 minutes or decide to finish the activity earlier than planned, the full amount of the activity is not refunded. In that case, the Lopy receives full payment of their activity.
- Strict: as soon as the booking has been confirmed, the visitor cannot be fully refunded if they cancel the booking. If the cancellation is made at least 7 days prior to the beginning of the activity, then the visitor will be refunded at a rate of 50%. In that case, the Lopy receives half of the payment of their activity. If the visitor cancels the booking less than 7 days prior to the beginning of the activity, then the visitor is not refunded. In that case, the Lopy receives full payment of their activity.
b. Lopy’s cancellation
The Lopy must fulfill their commitments as soon as they confirm a booking (be it a booking request or an instant booking). However, in cases of force majeure, the Lopy may cancel a booking by letting their visitor know. The visitor also receives an automatic email when a booking is cancelled by the Lopy. A cancellation made by the Lopy is reflected in a full refund of the visitor of the total amount paid for the activity. The Lopy, on the other hand, is not provided with a financial compensation.
An activity comes as a result of an agreement between a Lopy and a visitor, therefore they act on their own responsibility. It is the reason why the conduct of the activity by the Lopy to the visitor and cannot entail MYLOPY responsibility in any way whatsoever. MYLOPY only offers its services as an intermediate platform.
Thus, MYLOPY’s responsibility cannot be invoked in case of an accident caused by a visitor or a Lopy, such as the following:
- If a Lopy communicates erroneous information about themselves, or about their activity
- If a Lopy or a visitor cancels the activity
- If a Lopy or a visitor acts disrespectfully or fraudulently before, during or after an activity
In case of fraudulent use of means of payment, MYLOPY cannot be held responsible. MYLOPY in no way guarantees payment of the Lopy in that context.
MYLOPY endeavors to ensure a continuous service via its web-platform, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, it may happen that the access to the website is disrupted for a maintenance, a hardware or software update, an emergency repair or a technical error that is beyond the control of MYLOPY. All the required measures are taken by MYLOPY to limit these disruptions but MYLOPY cannot be held responsible for them.
12. Duration and termination
The registration on the MYLOPY website takes effect as of the creation of a user account as a Lopy or as a visitor. The present terms and conditions are agreed indefinitely and are subject to termination rights of a Lopy or a visitor or by MYLOPY, on the terms stipulated below. MYLOPY reserves the right to deactivate a Lopy or visitor account without notice, in the following cases:
- non-compliance of a Lopy or a visitor to the terms and conditions
- non-compliance of a Lopy or a visitor to all legislation in force in the visited country
- complaint of one or several users, be it a Lopy or a visitor
- damage of the integrity of the platform, fraud attempt, hacking or counterfeit of the MYLOPY website, including attempts.
- actions that go against the interests of MYLOPY from a Lopy or a visitor
A Lopy or a visitor can make a deactivation request of their account at all times. To that end, they shall submit the request in writing to MYLOPY for the deactivation to be taken into account. This action cannot be undone. The request must be submitted at email@example.com.
13. Users’ personal data
Personal data collected by MYLOPY only serves to make sure of visitors’ and Lopys’ identity. It also facilitates the communication between Lopys and visitors before, during and after the activity. By no means MYLOPY collects information for the purpose of selling it to third parties. This information collection only intends to ensure quality and to offer access to our service. For this reason, both Lopys and visitors must guarantee the accuracy of conveyed information.
Visitors and Lopys have a right to access our service, to edit or delete any performal information conveyed to MYLOPY. If so, visitors and Lopys can send a written request by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MYLOPY automatically collects information about online activities uploaded by Lopys or booked by visitors via cookies. These cookies are small pieces of data sent from a website (MYLOPY) and stored on the user's computer (Lopy or visitor) to facilitate and enhance site navigation. It also allows MYLOPY to identify a user on the website in order to provide them with an easy connection and a more personalised and attractive browsing experience. Lopys and visitors are given the choice to permit or block cookies during the installation of an app or by modifying the options of their web browser.
MYLOPY reserves the right to publish on partner sites information provided by Lopys or visitors to reach a better visibility of these latters’ offers and as a way to promote them. The involved websites are ones that have concluded a partnership agreement with MYLOPY, which can be prior or subsequent to the present terms and conditions. Visitors and Lopys who do not wish to benefit from these promotion and communication policies can let us know by doing a request to MYLOPY at email@example.com.
14. Applicable law
Present conditions are regulated by the French law. In the event of a dispute, the court of the location of the registered office of MYLOPY are the only competent.
Terms and conditions were translated in different languages, but in the event of a litigation, ambiguity or discrepancy between the many terms and conditions, only the French version must prevail and be enforced. The French version is the only one used in the courts.
15. Modification of the terms and conditions
MYLOPY reserves the right to modify the present terms and conditions at any given time. We therefore call Lopys and visitors to consult regularly terms and conditions of our service, to be informed about any update of the conditions.